Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pink frosting on fire... teehee ^.^

Look, it's Abby again! Hi Abby!! ^.^

Last night I did a new look that was inspired by a shadow pallet that I have.

Look at all them colors! Haha. So here is what I did


 

Yay! I'm glad I have a pretty sister to use for my barbie head! ^.^ 
So I started with some Hope in a Jar moisturizer by Philosophy, then applied Make Up For Ever HD primer. After the primer, I spackled Make Up For Ever HD foundation on her forehead, under her eyes, on her jaw line, and on the bridge of her nose. I then blended it in with a sponge. This became my canvas.
After finishing the foundation, I took a medium eye shadow brush and applied a coat of hot pink shadow to the crease of each eye, then I took a fan brush and blended it a little around the edges. Next, I added some bright orange shadow to the brow bone and the cheek bone, just below the outer corner of the eye. Once the colors were on, I blended them with a soft pink shimmer that filed in the empty spaces with a less prominent color. I also added the soft pink shimmer below the eyes and applied it all the way to the cheek in order to blend the edges of the orange on the cheeks. Next, I added yellow shadow. I applied it above her left brow and under her right eye in a large, sweeping shape and again blended the soft pink shimmer to soften the edges and catch the light. After the shadows, I added some Urban Decay liquid eye liner in Oil Slick. I applied it in an angular definition of the outer lash line on each eye. Finally, I added one coat of Too Faced mascara. When I apply mascara, I have Abby look towards the inner corner of the eye I am working on. For example, when I apply it to the left eye, I have her look to the right, and switch when I apply to the left. I do this because when I was in middle school I spent a lot of time looking in the mirror and found that when you do this, your lashes spread out, which will allow for even coating of the separate lashes. And I have done it that way ever since!
Because this look is so intense and wide spread from the eyes, I did not do blush. Instead I moved straight to the lips.
For the lips I used an Aveda maroon lip stick (I did not have liner so I had to take extra care when shaping the lips.) The one thing that I love about lips is that almost no one's are perfectly symmetrical, so you get to draw outside the lines. I exaggerated and rounded her upper lip line and then filled in the rest of her lips. For the final touch, I applied some fushia lip gloss over the entire surface of her lips and then touched up the edges with a brush to make the color look more natural.

TADA!! 
I hope you like!

^.^ Always,
Miss Lynne Sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment